What We Do
Varuna Strategies counsels private and family-owned businesses ranging from start-ups to those with annual revenues of $100M on effective ways to implement successful strategies and internal governance systems. It does so by gleaning critical information from company principals and stakeholders, distilling it into precise decisions that must be confronted, and driving actions that catapult a business to the next level of opportunity.
Doing this with sensitivity, but determination, is Varuna's special skill. It is a business catalyst that cuts through complication, uncertainty and personalities to provide expert, unbiased advice. By enabling company principals to move beyond emotional entanglements, it helps forge stronger and more productive relationships throughout an organization. The business results of its clients testify to its success.
Varuna is not a law firm, mediator or strategic advisor, but a best-of-breed hybrid of all three, with unique characteristics. Specifically, here's what Varuna does:
- Works with private and family companies to resolve issues surrounding governance, strategy and management between and among the following:
- Board of Directors
- Sits on the Board of private companies, with a focus on governance issues and representation of investor interests
- Provides strategic litigation advice to private companies to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
The process Varuna undertakes depends upon the situation, but a thorough airing of viewpoints through honest, straightforward discussion is the basis for finding agreement. Five guiding principles ensure success:
- Find common ground, not differences
- Focus on the issues, not each other
- Understand what others are saying, even if you disagree
- Engage in finding a path to resolve the issues
- Commit to doing your part to achieve agreed upon goals